Job Profile Summary:
CAI is hiring!
CAI is seeking a Network Engineer in the Kutztown, Pa. area. This is a HYBRID role where we would like someone onsite 2/3 days a week.
CAI is currently seeking a Sr Network Engineer who will be accountable for ensuring the operation of the network (LAN and WAN), including the underlying infrastructure. The Network Engineer works on tasks surrounding the design, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
The Network Engineer will partner with manufacturing support to provide 99.999 uptime objective to all systems used by the plant operations This position will require defining any performance improvements and monitoring of metrics to ensure goals are met. Managing of incidents with a sense of urgency and provide updates to management is required.
The Network Engineer will be required to meet security objectives through the use of support tools, IDS, and Firewall technologies. Documentation of all incidents, recommendations and reporting is expected.
- Design, secure, coordinate and implement complex architectures related to network components
- Monitor network availability and provide DR recovery plans with backup processes
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance and inventory
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment, and of hosted IP voice services
- Perform basic firewall configuration changes, add VPN connections, and provide operational status reports
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers
- After hours support or project work as needed
- Router, switch, firewall configurations
- ITIL experience is a plus
- Experience with network optimization tools and services
- LAN/WAN design and support including BGP and EIGRP
- Experience with Cisco nexus switches and wireless devices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- CCNA or CCNP; may substitute equivalent work related experience
- Technical understanding of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies including (IOS, NX-OS), Hardware platforms, Cisco Catalyst platforms and Cisco Nexus.
- Ability to manage risk/security and changing direction of projects.
- Work effectively in high-pressure situations that require clear and sound decisions/actions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor less senor technicians
- A high standard in work quality and ability to follow through is a must.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or (888) 824 – 8111.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.