Job Profile Summary:
CAI is hiring!
CAI is seeking a Desktop Engineer. This is a HYBRID CONTRACT position with 3 days onsite in Newark, New Jersey.
We are seeking a qualified Desktop Engineer for the 1st shift of our 24x7 Team who has experience troubleshooting computer issues and supporting customers in person, by phone, email, and remote access tools.
Due to our end client, candidates must be able to work on CAI's W2.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install hardware and software on workstations.
- Set up and maintain network and telecommunications systems.
- Troubleshoot LAN, server, wi-fi and connectivity issues.
- Utilize ticketing system when necessary.
- Manage Windows Active Directory and Exchange.
- Re-image computers, perform data migrations and restorations.
- Work closely with other IT employees on system maintenance and configuration projects.
- Work closely with other SLA employees on interdepartmental projects.
- Maintain accurate asset management records.
- Work with vendors and manufacturers on repair and maintenance of IT equipment.
Education and Experience:
- College degree and/or 4-6 years' experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the following:
- Windows Active Directory.
- Office 365.
- Troubleshooting network issues in large office setups.
- Troubleshooting and supporting printer systems.
- Familiarity with DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, and other common networking concepts required.
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundation processes, i.e., Incident, Request, Change, etc.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Experience with a scripting language preferred.
- MDM experience, specifically AirWatch, is a plus.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work on Sundays and certain Holidays.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or (888) 824 – 8111.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.