CAI is hiring! The Business Analyst will work collaboratively with co-workers/end users/stakeholders; seek/promote innovative solutions; guide projects through all phases of SDLC.
The BA works collaboratively with processing managers and staff, information technology managers and staff, and others to plan and implement large scale information technology projects. It also provides ongoing customer support for applications through the operation of a help desk and delivers presentations and on-site support when necessary to various customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join a project team working to support system users and will work closely with developers. Below is an example of duties:
- Writing specifications for new computer programs, constructing workflow diagrams, generating user documentation, recommending process and design changes to case management systems
- Defining project requirements with related project milestones and schedules
- Defining and documenting customer business functions and processes
- Acting as a liaison between stakeholders and software development teams
- Communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements in delivering business requirements documents (e.g., GUI, screen-flow diagrams, wireframes & user interface specification documentation)
- Developing test scripts for web-based e-filing systems and performing a variety of system and user testing across multiple platforms
- Designing and conducting presentations and training sessions to internal and external customers (including judges, court staff, attorneys, and other governmental entities)
- Designing and creating on-line training tutorials
- Conducting interviews to research and analyze work methods, processes and programs.
- Formulating management reports to track/monitor schedule progress
- Performing other related duties as required
- 5 years' Experience with guiding projects through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- 5 years' experience with developing test scripts, perform user testing across multiple platforms, designing and conducting training sessions and user support
- 5 years' Experience with User Interface/User Experience design
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes and work flows, and propose areas for improvement
- Ability to gather data via diverse means (i.e. interviews, observation, surveys, existing written documentation) and interpret relevant information
- Ability to document storyboards, screen mockups, wireframes, system flows, interfaces, use cases, and business rules.
- 5 years of relevant experience; 5 plus years in particular application area
- 4-year college degree or equivalent study under the direction of the supervisor of the business analyst team or designated project leader.
- 4 years' Experience with MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or (888) 824 – 8111.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.