CAI is hiring!
CAI is seeking a Data Warehouse Engineer for our client. This is a hybrid opportunity. Our client is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The client's' data strategy is to make their data more actionable by making it more accessible. They are seeking an individual who can guide and educate an IT Data Team, a Database Team and collaborate with an Infrastructure Team on effective designs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with various IT teams (data, database and infrastructure) in analyzing the agency's use of the data warehouse.
- Provide guidance and education on warehouse environments using industry standards and best practices.
- Research leading edge capabilities to determine the best solution for the overall environment.
- Set technology architectural direction, delivering assessment recommendations.
- Develop a project/implementation plan for setting up the warehouse including ideal data pipelines and other data and visual interfaces.
- Follow through on setting up the agency's warehouse environment as per the client's initiative.
- Configure and setup Azure Synapse with correct structure.
- Participate with Data Analyst(s) as needed to define minimal viable data assets in support of the visual needs.
- Review and provide architectural guidance for all analytic solutions.
- Advise management as needed of any shortcomings with current tools and/or approaches related to the business initiatives.
*The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.*
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques.
- A very strong understanding of current industry standards and best practices used in data and data warehouse development.
- Extensive knowledge of system and business data applications.
- Sizable experience in setting up other data warehouse environments.
- Ability to evaluate the business needs and objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for data and application development.
- Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis on complex issues.
- High technical competency level of all phases of data analysis and developing activities.
- Willingness to train/educate data team members, DBAs, infrastructure support and management in effective data warehouse designs/approaches.
- Proficient in developing project plans including discovery, development, and implementation.
- Experience in using the ETL tools - Azure Synapse and Azure Data Factory.
- Ability to manage multiple data development assignments and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge in the above skills must be within the last 6 months.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.