CAI is hiring!
CAI is seeking a Staff Accountant for a client of ours. This is an onsite opportunity. Our client is based in Wilmington, DE.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is the first level of accounting work at the state level.
- Works under the close supervision of a technical superior.
- Interprets and applies applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Choices are within a range of specified, acceptable procedures, standards, alternatives and technical practices.
- Consults with higher level State Accountant staff for issues that are outside the range of specified, acceptable procedures, standards and practices.
- Assists in developing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Contacts include state organization representatives, primarily for the purpose of gathering, coordinating and relaying information.
- The intent of the listed knowledge, skills and abilities is to give a general indication of the core requirements for all positions in the class series; therefore, the KSA's listed are not exhaustive or necessarily inclusive of the requirements of every position in the class.
- Knowledge of accounting theories, concepts, principles and standards.
- Knowledge of government accounting methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of state accounting methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and private laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and departmental computerized financial management systems, including data entry and correction procedures.
- Knowledge of recordkeeping and report preparation techniques.
- Ability to assemble and analyze financial and accounting data and make recommendations.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures to others.
- Ability to explain a variety of financial reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
In addition to the above knowledge, skills and abilities, the accountant requires:
- Knowledge of the theory, components, configurations and operation of an automated information system.
- Knowledge of on-line processing and related control tables.
- Knowledge of state and federal tax regulations regarding public and private entities.
- Knowledge of information systems needs analysis, requirements analysis and alternate design analysis.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data and making recommendations.
- Skill in recognizing accounting and reporting anomalies.
- Ability to explain and teach individuals in the use of an automated information system, application of accounting and payroll policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement complex projects.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.