Job Profile Summary
CAI is hiring! We are seeking a Product Owner to join our team for a 6-month contract onsite in Miramar, FL. The selected candidate will be a part of a program that is a multi-year transformation effort of the client’s core reservations and peripheral systems. The IT Product Owner for the program will drive for efficiencies in business design, reducing any negative impact to the Business stakeholders. The IT Product Owner will identify areas for improvement, providing solutions and technologies to aid Business partners to meet strategic goals. This role covers both Business and Technical arenas, often simultaneously, across the Global organization, with frequent interactions with External Vendors or Products. Staff management is key to ensuring efficiencies effectively delivered to the Business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing the product backlog.
- Translates product managers' strategies to development tasks.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business system requests and user needs.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to active systems and the implementation of new systems.
- Perform requirements gathering, process analysis and decomposition, and prepare detailed user stories to support business requirements.
- Conceives, prototypes, and recommends functional approaches for IT systems and solutions that meet business needs.
- Identifies business implications of technical solutions to the current business environment.
- Interprets, refines, and applies methods and procedures in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (i.e., SCRUM, AGILE), Information Technology industry standards and best practices as defined by the client.
- Leverages requirements modeling and/or testing tools to address business needs.
- Hold regular status meetings with team.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Serve as main point of contact for the assigned Business Unit(s).
- Understand Business Goals and Challenges.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Performs the testing and certification process.
- Oversee troubleshooting of system issues as required.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses (e.g., new functionality effectiveness, scope decision scenarios, etc.) to guide decision-making on design of products.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Financial Modeling: Evaluating data, determining optimal way to spend to accomplish company goals.
- Analytical: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and opportunities of alternative solutions and conclusions.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop options and implement solutions.
- Presentation: Using computer skills and communication style to create, manipulate, edit, and communicate slide presentations. Understanding end-state and the best way to present a story in a logical and analytical fashion to achieve desired results.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating and taking time to understand points being made.
- Negotiating and Persuasion: Bringing others together to try to reconcile differences and persuading others to your point of view.
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel - Including intricate knowledge not only of advanced formulas (such as index-match), but also excel problem solving abilities to extract analysis and insights out of data dumps – required. Strong knowledge of the cruise industry preferred.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Four-year Bachelor's in Computer or Information Sciences or a Business degree OR 5+ years of experience in the Business / Technical field or in a related area.
- 5 years experience focusing on patching, servers, scripting and hardware.
- Proven strong capabilities of handling multiple areas of responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge across Business areas of how technology delivers increased performance.
- Evidence of a high degree of creativity with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Strong PC skills are required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.