Job Profile Summary
CAI is hiring! We are looking for a Sr. Scrum Master for a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity onsite in Miramar, FL. We are looking for highly motivated, energetic, and highly organized individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. In this role, you will be the team cheerleader/coach driven to do whatever you can to help the team succeed. You’ll help establish team metrics such as capacity and throughput so you can track sprint progress and help drive teams to meet their sprint goals. You are well-spoken and a natural leader who enjoys building relationships. You thrive on big challenges and bring high energy and enthusiasm to make things happen and achieve results.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Scrum Master is responsible for leading and managing the Scrum process within an organization. They are responsible for facilitating the daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives. They also help to ensure that the team is following the Scrum methodology and that the team is meeting its goals. Additionally, they help to identify and remove any impediments that may be preventing the team from achieving its goals. They also provide coaching and guidance to the team to help them improve their performance.
· At least 5 years of experience in software development delivery with at least 3 years of dedicated full-time Scrum Master experience in software development.
· Has a proven track record of successfully growing and maturing teams and/or experience leading Agile transformations.
· Is familiar with different agile methodologies including by not limited to Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile.
· Can coach and train team members and others on the Scrum framework and related artifacts (user stories, story point estimation, etc.) as well as other agile methodologies to help guide teams to more successful outcomes.
· Embody Scrum values and principles.
· Demonstrates and understands what specific Lean/Agile/Tools/Techniques/Principles to best apply, based on Team needs, environment and constraints.
· Displays a ‘continuous learning’ mindset; always seeking to expand lean/agile knowledge and experience.
· Capable of leading distributed and remote teams.
· Hold the Team accountable to the agreements they set and the commitments they make.
· Socialize and discuss team dashboards (burn ups, burn downs, etc.) always driving continuous improvement
· Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
· Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
· Experience in applying Scrum patterns and techniques (like Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
· Strong skills in: Facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, team- empowerment, and building a transparent culture.
· Excellent communication and mentoring skills
· First level Scrum Master certification (CSM)
· Knowledge of scaled agile environment
· Knowledge of Atlassian (Jira & Confluence, specifically) or related software and tools
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.