CAI is hiring! We are seeking a full-time IT Support Technician to join our organization on a long-term consulting engagement in the Orlando, FL area. CAI is a $700M+ global IT consulting firm that specializes in high value, long term managed services engagements with our clients. We offer a great benefits package that includes vacation.
This is a third shift position; candidates must be willing to work Tuesday-Saturday 12am-8:30am.
Duties & Responsibilities
Monitor and Troubleshoot Networks
It is tasked to the Technicians to monitor system hardware and software to ensure the proper operations of switches, firewalls, and remote technologies. They field incoming calls, help callers troubleshoot system issues, diagnose system problems, and provide resolutions.
Dispatch & Coordinate Field Technicians to Respond to Toll Sites
Sometimes it is necessary to address system issues on-site; in these cases, technicians relay details about Toll system issues to field technicians and schedule them to go to locations to work on system equipment. They maintain field technician schedules, assist technicians on the phone, and keep records of repairs made for each client.
Document Calls and Service Results
The IT Support Technicians document all incoming calls and record the technical issues addressed in each call. They maintain logs of resolutions, communicate with vendors about ongoing problems, and use a ticketing system to update information regarding the progress of each call.
The IT Support Technician must have the ability to diagnose and resolve issues using technical abilities, computer knowledge, and analytical skills. Candidates for these types of jobs should display the following:
- Familiarity with Remote Troubleshooting – must have basic knowledge and understanding how networking technologies work and be able to troubleshoot issues with switches, and other equipment
- Computer Skills – must have knowledge of computer operating systems minimum Microsoft Windows. (Linux/Unix are a plus)
- Customer Service – must be able to resolve customer issues either via email or by telephone in a timely manner
- Analytical Thinking – must be able to analyze given information about system issues to arrive at real solutions either by online reports or from telephone conversations
- Problem-Solving Skills – must be able after diagnosing system problems to follow through until issue is resolved
- Communication Skills – must have strong verbal and written communication skills for conversing with other technicians, callers, vendors, and managers; listening skills are needed to understand caller concerns and issues
- Minimum one year of real-world experience with reputable company in the IT field.
- Knowledge of local area networks, wide area networks and remote troubleshooting.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.