CAI is hiring!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support a financial services client. This is a long-term contract opportunity and 100% remote!
We are seeking an experienced, data-focused, full-stack developer to add to our flexible and high-performing Agile development team. This role will work closely with the lead architect to support the existing data platform and enable its evolution over time.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Foster a collaborative and high-performing team
· Rapidly and effectively adapt to highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment
· Develop expertise in the IT and corporate data landscape including plans for change in underlying operational systems
· Support the current databases (MS SQL Server) and data platform (Incorta) and evolution required to enable new reporting and analytics data sources and products
· Pursue relentless automation to reduce unnecessary and error-prone practices with analytics on common datasets
· Ensure all implementations adhere to all relevant Risk and Control Standards ensuring all cybersecurity and other risks are properly managed.
· Research and advise on technical options regarding decisions related to data platform and/or BI Tool decisions
· Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
· Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
· Assist internal customers with acceptance and adoption of implemented solutions to transition to an operating model that will deliver value from the analytics solution
· Provide support, as needed, on existing reporting and analytics production products
· Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
· 8+ years of building and supporting full-stack technology solutions with a focus on data
· Expertise in data architecture
· Expertise in database products, SQL, and all associated tooling
· Curious, highly flexible, and adaptable to change
· Team player and supportive of developing skills of others
· Strong financial acumen and ability to work across the business
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent work experience required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or being a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.