CAI’s ServiceNow solutions maximize your outputs
Helping America's critical infrastructure
Delivering over 1.5 billion gallons of water to over 19 million people through 26 water agencies and 830 miles of pipeline, the Water District performs an invaluable, critical service to state citizens. Within the proposed project schedule, CAI’s ServiceNow team implemented and demonstrated the power of a cloud-based ITSM platform to help reduce service ticket response times, improve security and monitoring, and enhance operational control with user role and permission settings.
The Water District faced up to 3,000 monthly service tickets, over 100 IT staff, and up to 2,000 business users, and its current service platform could not manage the district’s growing infrastructure. The legacy platform’s inability to support the district’s growth led to:
- Slow service response times
- Low control with minimal role/permission settings
- High-security risks and threats
- Low operational and asset visibility
CAI provided the district with an industry-leading solution – ServiceNow – to fit their technology needs to capture issues, process requests, and deploy a solid change process. ServiceNow provided the following benefits for the Water District:
- Immediate, self-service incident routing to the correct teams
- Improved employee performance and productivity with digital workflows
- Customizable user interface
- Easy Return on Investment (ROI) with metrics and reporting suite
- 99.9% system up-time due to cloud architecture
The implementation’s first phase included the creation of a service portal – a web interface providing a user-friendly experience allowing end-users to view the status of their open records, submit incidents and use 10 catalog items, and submit requests complete with supporting workflows.
The second phase included baseline chat functionality to allow end-users to communicate effortlessly with the technical team. In addition, CAI implemented an out-of-the-box mobile solution to incorporate many of the modules implemented to ensure ease of use for mobile users. Through integrations with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), exchange, pager duty, and an import of the CMDB and devices, we were able to deliver both phases on time and budget much to the client’s satisfaction.
As part of our commitment to customer service and performance, we issued client satisfaction surveys to district team members. The Water District scored a perfect score of CAI customer service five out of five. Here are some other comments from the district team members:
- “CAI has a very experienced and delivery-focused ServiceNow practice, capable of managing and delivering implementations of any type and size.”
- “CAI project manager and project team were very thorough and proactive in all delivery aspects. The project was delivered on time and on budget without compromising the quality.”
- “CAI proved to be a trusted ServiceNow implementation partner with a focus on delivery and timing.”
- “CAI performed due diligence on each project task and ensured prompt delivery.”
With the success of our ServiceNow implementation, the Water District is approaching CAI for more business services. We look forward to our continued partnership and helping the Water District achieve optimal performance in support of their critical and commendable service to state citizens.
Since our original engagement with the water district began 4 years ago, the CAI team has grown the relationship and expanded their support role. As part of Phase 2 of the engagement, the CAI team provided problem and change management for the water district as the projects matured. Additionally, CAI was recently awarded first-call support duties for on-demand ITSM support.
Our work with the California Water District enables other California government agencies to contract with CAI through the piggyback clause – allowing you to bypass standard RFP issuance and evaluation and speed-up procurement. Please contact us below with any questions.